Monday, July 20, 2009

Welcome to Chocolate World





Monday July 20, 2009 - New Jersey to Hershey, PA


I was exhausted from running around the city this weekend and aborted my planned eight hour ride out to my Aunt and Uncle's place, opting for the three hour, straight highway route. I was a bit disappointed but once on the road it was clear that this was the better choice. It really is a shame though as I had planned a lovely route up through northern Pennsylvania via highway 6 and 84. I was also planning to pass through the Promised Land, the state park by that name at least.

Overall the ride was uneventful but it did start raining shortly into PA. The rain lasted a while but it wasn't too bad. What was worse than the rain was the heat. Rain gear is meant for cold weather and ultimate waterproofness, at the expense of breathability. So, when the clouds open up and I'm forced to put on rain gear but the ambient temperature is still in the upper 70's things get toasty inside my gear...

Getting into Hershey is was pretty cool to already know my way around town, to some extent, from all of the previous times being driven in the area. It almost felt like I belonged here.

I drove past Hershey Park, the Hershey factory and my cousin's school and finally pulled right into my aunt and uncle's house.

Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment