Friday, July 24, 2009

New Jersey, here I come, again...

Friday July 24th, 2009
Hershey, PA to Chatham, NJ

Today I was leaving my family in Hershey to return to my friends' home in New Jersey for dinner and to get my new custom ear plugs, yay!

Having started the day out well with a good breakfast I loaded up the bike and hit the road with everyone waving as I drove off. Having more travel time today I took a more scenic route through the Pennsylvania countryside north of I-78. This took me through tons of small towns, a military area, and gorgeous countryside.

As I first crossed I-78 I rode through Swatara State Park which had some nice hills and sweeping turns.



Unfortunately this terrain didn't last all day but coming out of this area I stumbled upon a military base and caught a helicopter playing at a landing pad. I stopped to watch it lift off then bank one direction, then back the other way. It went up and down side to side and it was all very impressive to happen upon. Something nice for the day for sure.



After going through a couple of small towns I rode through some farmland and orchards before finally getting back on the main highway to get into New Jersey.



Cruising down the highway I spied a sign for the Crayola Museum and had to make the detour as it was only a couple miles off the highway. I got to the museum alright but with the limited parking and heat I just wanted to keep riding. I stopped to snap a couple pictures then went on my way. The backside of the museum did have this cool little "art piece"...



I got into Chatham and waited for everyone to show up so we could go to dinner. From Enid's place all six of us crammed into Alan's Camry wagon and set off for the brewery for dinner and drinks. Enid and Katie were stuck sitting in the rear facing third row and were really at the mercy of Alan and his driving. Alan had found this restaraunt on a motorcycle exloration trip several years ago and the roads leading to it were great riding roads. They probably weren't the best "cram everyone in a car" roads, especially with wallowing suspension. Swoosie nearly got sick on the way out there and Enid and Katie were back-back-seat driving. The food and drinks were very good but we had to wait for a long time to get everything brought out as ordered. Oh well, it was a Ninja 250 gathering sans bikes and with lots of good food and that's all that mattered. I could do this more often :)

Here's the rest of the photos:

Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment