Sunday, July 19, 2009

Singing my way up river




Sunday July 19th, 2009

While in New Jersey I was staying at a friend's boyfriend's house who happened to be out of town. We've hung out a few times in California and I was really looking forward to seeing him again today. My friend Danica had to fly out to California for work so that left Kenny all to me. We took a nice drive through some of the small towns along the Hudson river and came to a state park where we hiked the hill where the Knickerbocker Ice Company used to be. There were some old building foundations left over from the early 1900's and it was all filled with history. Hiking to the top was a nice workout and the view made up for any sweating. From the top you could see straight across the river to Sing Sing prison (or whatever it's called now) and down to the Rockefeller estate. I had driven roads near here on my way into town on Thursday but I missed this view. The hill that we were on top of had a sheer rock wall leading down to the river's edge probably 1000 feet below. It was pretty amazing standing over that edge. To cool off from the hike we continued down the river and stopped off at a nice little bar on the river and had a cold beer and buffalo wings. We called it a day and went back to the house.

After cleaning up I headed back into the city to have dinner with Sarah (Swoosie). Unfortunately, the traffic that I hit on this journey was not due to an accident. This was everyone returning to the city from their adventures elsewhere. It took me an hour and a half to get into the city, twice as long as last time and I went 10 miles less. Once I finally made it into the city we walked up to a Japanese ramen house and had delicious cold ramen. After dinner we walked through a little bit of Central Park then wandered back. I really love walking around New York City, it truly is unique. Except for the mosquitos Central Park was really cool to see too.


Pictures

Please note that the pictures are slow to upload with this new photo site so depending on when you check the link for the photo album you may not be seeing all of the pictures. There should be roughly 30 photos uploaded from this day when all is said and done. As I get a stable internet connection these will be uploaded faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment