Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day Three



Day 3 -

Today started late, very late. Having invaded Wheels' house and proving to his wife that I wasn't an axe murderer I relished in having a roof over my head and slept in. Wheels cooked an awesome omelet for me (I think that was my first ever omelet), we chatted for a bit then finally left about 12:30 pm. The sky was still overcast from a rain storm the night before and it looked ominous. Fortunately, the skies held for the day with some glimpses of blue sky to encourage us to ride further.

We took Highway 126 to US 101 and followed that north for the remainder of the day. We parted ways in Tillamook, Oregon where we met a Canadian rider whose girlfriend has a Ninja 250 also. I continued on US101 until it met with highway 12 in Washington. I camped for the night just off of I-5.

The ride was gorgeous all day and I still can't believe the amazing scenery of the Oregon and Washington coasts.

Pictures can be found here

Posts will be lagging a couple of days for now but I'll update as I can get a stable internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment